How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have so much space offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod simplying playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have actually offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely put, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not function properly if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly really easy to comprehend. Software applications are currently offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.