How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you want to control.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not operate correctly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly really easy to comprehend. Softwares are currently available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not best.