How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation abilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you want to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate correctly if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really easy to comprehend. Softwares are currently offered that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not right.